Thank you for visiting the home page of Stewart Aitchison, Ph.D., currently the Vice Dean (Research) of the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, University of Toronto.
Our research group focuses on the application of micro and nano fabrication to realize new integrated devices for all-optical signal processing, the generation of new wavelengths of coherent light, optical gas sensing and Biomedical Engineering. Some examples of the different research areas are:
Nonlinear Guided Waves
- Spatial and temporal solitons
- All-optical switching and signal processing
- Optical frequency conversion and parametric interactions
- Novel optoelectronic materials and photonic microstructures for linear and nonlinear applications
- Hybrid integration
- Monolithic integration
- Integrated biosensors for lab-on-a-chip applications
- Optical gas detection
Please feel free to visit the links on the left side of the page to learn more about the group, current research topics, and the courses being taught at the University of Toronto.